Events & Activity Massage
Please book early to avoid disappointment - a maximum of 6 students can be booked onto each course, to ensure that you get the optimum learning experience, and individual attention.
Entry requirements: Accredited Body Massage qualification (Participants need to show they already hold a recognised qualification in Body Massage. A photo copy must accompany the application form.)
Cost: £165 (Please pay in full or £60 booking fee, final balance due no later than 14 days before course)
We are a recognised and accredited College and training school by the Guild of holistic therapies.
Our Diploma courses enable you to practice professionally and gain membership and insurance.
Please book early to avoid disappointment - a maximum of 8 students can be booked onto each course, to ensure that you get the optimum learning experience, and individual attention. (Minimum of 4 students per course is required)
Events and Activity Massage Therapy covers all aspect of pre-sports & post sport massage to enhance performance and aid in post event recovery.
On this course you will learn Events and Activity Massage techniques. Sports Massage is the term applied to the discipline of using Massage Therapy for the specific benefit of management, manipulation, rehabilitation and muscle balance of the soft tissues of the body. This course is for qualified therapists who want to work with athletes in a competitive environment. The course will include muscle Anatomy and Function. Pre event massage to prepare muscles to perform and the athlete to compete. Post event massage to remove toxins and waste and to minimise the after effects of competition performance. First response treatments for soft tissue injuries. Massage Therapy is useful in relieving stress, strain, tension, postural imbalances and chronic pain as well as preventing injury and enhancing rehabilitation.
Events and Activity Massage: Theory of muscle function.
Pre event therapy: Warming the muscles, stretching the fibres and removal of waste. Effleurage techniques, stretching muscle groups and individual muscles and improve waste drainage.
Post event: Relaxing muscles and relaxing spasm, removal of waste acids to aid recovery and even out blood flow.
• Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
• Courses are fully recognised and insurable.
• Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
• You will give a full treatment on the practical training day.
• Small class sizes - maximum of 6
• Gain 22 CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points)
• Experienced tutors who are passionate about what they do
• Fun, friendly & informal
• Included is your Diploma, comprehensive course notes, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea & coffee during the break (please bring your own lunch)
• We provide the couches, chairs, cushions, and oils required. ( please bring your own towels)