Please book early to avoid disappointment - a maximum of 6 students can be booked onto each course, to ensure that you get the optimum learning experience, and individual attention.
Entry requirements: This course is for qualified Reflexologists
Cost: £165 (Please pay in full or £60 booking fee, final balance due no later than 14 days before course)
We are a recognised and accredited College and training school by the Guild of holistic therapists. Our Diploma courses enable you to practice professionally and gain membership and insurance. This course is designed to train students to a professionally competent level.
This course is designed to train students to a professionally competent level in order to perform a hand reflexology treatment. You will learn the practical application of a treatment and have a comprehensive manual for reference in the future.
How does it work?
A reflexology practitioner uses light pressure to massage each of the points in the hands to release tension, remove energy blockages, disperse accumulations of calcium and uric acid, stimulate blood circulation and promote healing of both body and mind.
Reflexology, which has its roots in ancient Egypt, according to cave paintings, works on the principle that every organ and system of the body has a corresponding point or zone in the feet. For example, the spot in the centre of the big toe or thumb corresponds to the pituitary gland, and on the ball of the foot underneath the big toe or at the base of the thumb there is a point that corresponds to the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
What does it involve?
Gentle pressure is applied to each pressure point and, where there are corresponding physical problems, the client may experience some slight discomfort and/or the therapist may feel some blockages in the area. For example, when the practitioner touches the reflex point that corresponds to the gall bladder, if the client has a problem with that organ, then some discomfort may be felt in the hand. Generally, most clients report that a reflexology treatment is wonderfully relaxing and soothing, and many people fall asleep. Each session will last about an hour and, in most cases, a series of sessions are necessary to resolve any problems. Some clients book a regularly weekly or monthly session as a preventative measure, to keep their systems balanced and in good working order.
What is it good for?
Reflexology can be used to treat a wide range of disorders including skin and respiratory conditions, migraine, PMS and menopausal problems, chronic fatigue, stress, depression and anxiety.
What are the benefits?
Reflexology can be used both to help with conditions such as, for example, eczema, bronchitis or insomnia for which the client is seeking immediate treatment; or it can be used to keep the body’s energy flowing and the mind in balance. Hand reflexology is great for those clients with sensitive feet, foot disorders or mobility problems. It can comfortably be given in a chair with the client and therapist well supported. Hand massage is a very comforting treatments as so many of your clients will be lacking in human contact.
Benefits can include:
• Back problems
• Knee problems
• Muscle tension
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Menstrual problems
• Bowel and Urinary conditions
• Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
• Courses are fully recognised and insurable.
• Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study.
• Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment broken down into easy to learn sections.
• You will give a full treatment on the practical training day.
• Small class sizes - maximum of 6
• You might be asked to bring a client
• Gain CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points)
• Experienced tutors who are passionate about what they do
• Fun, friendly & informal
• Included is your Diploma, comprehensive course notes, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea & coffee during the break (please bring your own lunch)
• We provide the couches, chairs, and oils required.
Do I need to bring anything?
- A packed lunch
- A bottle of water
- A pillow
- 2 large towels
- You may be required to bring a model